So why IS olympic lifting so effective?
Here is a short list of why the SNATCH, CLEAN, and JERK are our go to movements for change.
- These lifts activate more muscle fibers more rapidly than any other modality of training.
- The explosiveness created is vital to any sport.
- It teaches athletes to apply force to the proper muscle groups, and in the proper sequence.
- These lifts also teach athletes how to apply force SAFELY to another body or object.
- Studies show an increase in strength, muscle, power, speed, coordination, vertical leap, muscular endurance, bone strength, and the capacity to withstand stress.
- Olympic lifts are the only lifts shown to increase maximum oxygen uptake.