Rest Day Reading
5 Things You Need in Your Gym Bag RIGHT NOW:
- Water with BCAA’s – this is great to sip on throughout your warm up as well as your strength work. This will help aid in a quicker recovery. Your muscles will thank you. If you are in a pinch, you can grab a KillCliff that is for sale in the fridge.(DITCH THE PRE-WORKOUT!!)
- Protein – Whether you are drinking or eating your protein, it should be done immediately after your workout. Do not wait until you get home, pack it!
- A dry shirt- It’s cold out. Don’t drive home in your wet clothes! It’s no fun. Plus your friends think you smell.
- A hand shaver – You can pick this up at CVS/Walgreens/Walmart. Proper hand maintenance can help with grip and make workouts WAY more enjoyable. When you are working hard to finish a workout, the last thing you want to do is worry about if your hands will rip.
- Tape – Tape is a great protector for rubbing and friction that can happen on both the pull up bar as well as the barbell.