- 2 cups fresh (or thawed and drained frozen) blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of salt
1) Oven @ 350, grease a 9″ pie plate with bacon grease , lard or coconut oil. Pour blueberries evenly in greased dish and set aside. ( I did not have a pie plate so I used a baking dish. This changed the baking time to over an hour)
2) In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Stir in coconut flour, salt and banana, pour mixture evenly over blueberries.
3) Bake on center rack for 30 minutes. When pie is done it will be puffed and browned, and won’t give a jiggle when gently shaken (as you would some sauteing veggies). Cool for 10 minutes on a rack.
4) Slice and serve warm, or chill in the fridge and serve cold.
(recipe adapted from fastpaleo.com)